Twitter for Business Prosperity: 14 Very Practical Tricks You Need to Know!
Do you know what Twitter marketing means? Do you want to make your brand a little more popular? Are you talking about your products everywhere? Become an influencer in the future and meet your customers? Provide fast customer service? Improve your public relations with customers? With Twitter marketing, you can achieve all of the above goals.
Whatever your goal, you can achieve it with the help of Twitter. If you are new to Twitter, this article will help you choose the right strategy for your goals.
How to develop a marketing strategy on Twitter?
The basis of all success is to adopt a proper strategy, and this is the difference between successful brands on Twitter and failed brands. Without a clear plan, you are only wasting your time and money tweeting, not getting a bit closer to your goals, and when it comes time to review your performance, you will have nothing called achievement. This will prevent you from increasing the size and budget of your team because you have not succeeded.
So, no matter how important the strategy is, it is still small. To thrive on Twitter, you need to do the following:
Research about your competitors.
Gathering information about competitors’ strengths and weaknesses in social media marketing is crucial. By doing this, you can adopt a good strategy and surpass your competitors.
Identify your target audience.
On Twitter, you cannot attract the attention of all the audience, and since your brand can not meet all the needs of the people, so determine what your target audience is and then create a strategy to serve that segment. This will increase the profitability and loyalty of customers.
Delete all Twitter accounts and manage only one account.
Depending on your size or goals, you may use one or more accounts. If several people in the organization are responsible for managing several different Twitter accounts, it is better to merge those accounts and use only one account for your business.
You ask why? Because you will be more successful with this, for example, the Vancouver Knox Hookey team deleted all their lipstick accounts and used only one official account, thus increasing its Twitter account by 8%.
Unite with team members to have an integrated strategy.
Team members working in large, growing organizations may be unaware of each other and not have much contact with each other, but it is best to have a united team and connect with other team members. This alliance will help you to get good information about your work process and finally find an integrated marketing strategy on Twitter.
Keep Twitter unique.
Although posting the same content on multiple social networks is easy, we do not recommend this method. Each network has its characteristics and users, so using the same strategy across all networks can be costly. So, in any network, adopt the right strategy with that network.
10 Practical Tips for Business Prosperity Through Twitter Marketing
1- Use Twitter features and tools.
You can tweet or reply directly from the website and Twitter software, but you need to use the right tools to better manage your Twitter marketing.
Here are some examples of these tools to make your work better and faster:
- Expand your area of oversight and leadership. To do this, increase your knowledge of people who are somehow related to your work and brand. Also, note why these people share your content and with whom.
- Find and connect with industry influencers.
- Analyze your competitors. Learn more about your competitors’ tweets, mentions, hashtags, and followers.
- Do not miss the hot and new topics. Use content, hashtags, resources, and new and relevant things.
- Add photos to your tweets.
- Follow the good pages and unfollow the bad ones. This will give you valuable information from good pages and get rid of inactive and annoying followers.
- Make time for your posts to be effective. By analyzing your tweets and those of others, you can arrive at a general summary.
So now it’s time to create a global profile for your account.
2- Create a good profile for Twitter.
Creating a good profile can affect the trust and mentality of the audience of your brand and customers can safely contact you through it and ask their questions. Follow the steps below to create a good profile.
Write a good bio: You can only use 160 characters to write a bio on Twitter, so each word and hashtag must be effective.
Complete your profile information. We do not mean information only by name, profession, and description. By adding information such as location and workplace, you can add value to your work, making it easier for customers to connect with your brand and talk to you about products.
Confirm your account. Customers can trust you with the blue tick of Twitter, which is a symbol of credibility. The credit check is placed next to the username.
Spread your Twitter address. Of course, after all the effort to create a good profile, you have to do something to make your Twitter visible. To do this, put your Twitter address on the website, email, truck, and summary wherever you think it can be seen.
3- Listen and learn.
If your Twitter strategy is to generate content for your followers, you probably do not need to listen to what people have to say.
Ryan Holmes says, “By listening to the opinions of the community, you gain valuable information about the business; For example, knowing your competitors, getting feedback on how people perceive your brand, and gathering information to design marketing campaigns. ”
You need to know what Twitter users think about your brand, do they mention your brand when talking or not? What are their favorite topics? What issues do they react to? Who are they in contact with? These are the things to look for when selecting yours.
Things to consider:
- Your brand name (including misspellings)
- Your brand product name (including misspellings)
- Competitors’ names (including misspellings)
- Unintelligible sentences about your business
- Brand slogan
- Name of Executive Director or Public Representative (Includes misspellings)
- Campaign name and keywords
One of the most important results of listening to the community is finding influencers and experts. 40% of Twitter users say that after buying a product from influencers, they buy that product and 49% of them use the products offered by influencers.
You can listen to people’s opinions through the following channels:
- Twitter Advanced Search allows you to search for positive and negative phrases and hashtags related to your product.
- With the help of Hootsuite, in addition to searching for conversations and key phrases, you can respond to people’s comments and criticisms. With Hootsuite insight, you can check the activities of your social networks and blogs and stay up to date with the latest news and discussions about your brand. You can also find out what topics your audience is responding to.
- With over 100 resources, Social Mention lets you know what people think of you, your company, your products, and your social media issues.
- TweetReach helps you stay up to date with brand tweets and discussions about your business.
- With Cision Social Edition (officially called ViralHeat) you can access people’s comments and conversations on social networks and then improve your performance on social networks according to those comments.
4- Produce good content.
Although you can only use 280 characters per tweet, you should try to write the best about your brand to be both easy to read and motivate your audience. The basic principles of content production are as follows:
- Help your audience. To write meaningful and useful text for your audience, you need to know their interests, needs, and fears. With Trainspotter, you can connect directly with your audience, read their tweets and send them your content.
- Be short. Yes, you can use 280 characters, but that does not mean you have to use them all. Try to write short and use summary tools (like Ow.Ly) to remove duplicate and unnecessary content.
- Choose the best content. You need to find the best of the various content and share it with your audience. Using the hashtag #choisecontent on Hootsuite, you can find the best content for your followers.
- Use the hashtag. Using hashtags, you can make your content more visible and categorize your content according to its topic. This allows Twitter users to easily find content and influencers. In the last few years, the use of hashtags has become popular, and even if you do not know how to use them, we suggest that you start using them.
5- Use multimedia for more feedback.
The use of different media in social networks has a great impact. A survey found that 82% of Twitter users are interested in video and would like to see more videos from artists, others, and brands. So, try to use more video.
- Video: A survey found that 79 users prefer to watch a video of a product instead of reading it, and 84% of users buy a product after watching a video about the brand. So tweet and retweet videos related to the brand and organization.
- Photos: Don’t forget to share photos. Use attractive photos related to your brand. You can tag 10 people in each photo, so if you post a personal photo, be sure to tag that person in the photo.
- Gif: In 2016, Twitter users used 100 million gifs. Gifs are animated and funny images and you can use gifs related to your brand and organization.
6- Post at the right time.
Tweets do not last long. A study found that the life of each tweet is 24 minutes, and 75% of users see the shared tweet in less than three hours. That’s why you need to post at the right time to get good feedback.
- Tweet regularly: We recommend tweeting at least once a day. You can even take a few tweets a day, gauge your followers’ reactions, and finally get a general summary of the number of tweets.
- Post at specific times: Research has shown that the best time to post is at 12, 5, and 6 p.m. At the beginning of your work, it is better to post during these times and then choose the best time based on your experience.
- Use information and statistics: By reviewing Twitter analytics statistics, you can choose the best time to tweet to get the most feedback from your followers.
- Write a timetable: Well now that you know the best time to tweet, it’s a good idea to write a timetable for tweeting.
7- Connect with your audience.
Some marketers are more concerned with gathering followers on Twitter than with communicating with their audience. From the beginning, Twitter has been aimed at helping people communicate effectively. So, try to connect with your audience every day.
- Follow your audience: Follow your audience so you can get useful information about their interests, needs, and preferences by checking your followers’ tweets.
- Quick Response: Research has shown that 42% of users expect a response in less than 60 minutes. So, try to respond to customers as soon as possible, whether face to face or by phone.
- Don’t forget to retweet, like, and follow: It feels good when someone follows you and likes and retweets your posts. So do the same with your followers.
- Mention and tag people: Mentioning followers, influencers, or other brands can give you good feedback. You can also tag people in photos.
- Get help: There is nothing wrong with asking your followers to retweet your posts.
- Ask a question: Tweet a question and ask your followers to comment on your services and products.
By doing this, you can listen to their opinions, criticisms, and professions.
8- Monitor your business and brand.
You hear the news from other companies, but do you know what they say about your brand on social media? Do not limit yourself to general statements about your brand. It is important to know what people are saying about you and what they are tweeting.
- Follow your competitors: It’s easy to find your competitors on Twitter and follow them to see what they share and what people are saying about them.
- Be regular to get the most out of your customers’ opinions: Using the Twitter list, you can follow people related to your business. With Hootsuite, you can easily find out what people think about your competitors.
- Check your brand/company keywords: Use Twitter statistics and other tools to do this. Using the Hootsuite site, you can also monitor social networking activities, news sources, and blogs to stay up to date with the latest news about your business.
- Consider a plan for communication crises: As Ryan Holmes puts it, “Companies that don’t understand the importance of customer relationships can all get into trouble. So to deal with this crisis, it is better to plan for it in advance.
9- Evaluate the results.
By measuring marketing results via Twitter, you can evaluate your performance, become aware of users’ favorite content, and design better strategies for the future. You can evaluate the results using the following methods:
- Use Twitter Analytics and Statistics: Using Twitter Analytics, you can gauge the performance of your tweets and ads, get to know enthusiasts and influencers, gauge the performance and activities of your followers over time, and learn about their interests.
- Use Hootsuite site analytics: Using this site analytics you can find out about the performance and latest channel news. After tagging companies related to your business, you can analyze their impact and performance.
10- Evaluate your strategy with advanced tactics.
Now that you know the basics, let’s take a look at some advanced tactics.
- Advertise on Twitter: No matter how good your strategy is, you still have to spend on Twitter advertising to reach your goals. Depending on the specific goal you have, you can advertise to improve your tweets, accounts, and even the trend you want to launch about your business.
- Create Twitter Conversations: By creating discussion topics on Twitter, you can take control, defend your brand, and build trust. Using hashtags, users can stay up to date with the latest news, topics discussed, and ideas.
- Put live video: Today, brands post live videos on Twitter, and companies like Airbnb have live streaming channels. Since videos are more popular on Twitter, you can add a lot of live videos to help your brand be seen.
- Use Moment: In 2015, another feature called Moment was added to Twitter, and with this feature, users can be informed about the most important tweets of the day. In 2016, it became possible for all users and marketers to use Moment and thus communicate with influencers. No matter how serious or humorous the content of the moment, you can use it to make your business prosperous.
- Do not neglect to provide social services to customers: 67% of customers in the United States buy through social networks, so customer service should not be neglected. You can serve customers through the same account you have or by creating a separate account and meet their needs (depending on the type of organization and service you provide).
Twitter has been providing opportunities for business evaluation, follower engagement, and brand development since 2006. Twitter is one of the strongest channels you can use to build lasting relationships that will ultimately lead to the success and prosperity of your business.